Before applying to the Surgical Technology program either as a direct application to the program or a change of curriculum student, you are instructed to seek advisement from the Surgical Technology Academic Department Chair. You may accomplish this by electronic advisement using the email address email@example.com or request a personal appointment.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully read the following requirements to ensure a complete and accurate application.
- If you are a degree seeking student in another program at BCC, you may apply online using the change of curriculum form.
- If you are a first time student here at BCC you may complete a direct application. You may use the online form.
- We recommend that you contact Ms. Elsa Valcarcel in the Admission office for assistance. Make sure that all applications are complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications must be received by February 1st.
College Basic Skills Test (Math/English)
- This is a requirement for all incoming students who wish to apply to any college program. Students who are placed into basic mathematics and algebra are advised that it may take time to complete these requirements before being considered to admissions to the Surgical Technology Program. This test is given in the Testing Center S-127.
- A score of 530 or above on the Math SAT will waive the math portion of the basic skills test. A score of 540 or above on the Critical Reading SAT will waive the English portion of the basic skills test.
Requirements for the Program
- Students must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher to be considered.
- Program admits fall semester only
Criminal History Background Check
After completing the above steps of the admissions process and it is determined that you meet the admissions criteria, the Dean of the School of Health Professions will have a letter sent to you regarding the completion of the Criminal History Background check (CHBC). The letter will provide you the information needed to complete the process electronically. This check must be completed within five days of receipt of the letter. It is imperative that candidates understand that the CHBC is a requirement of the accreditation agency of our clinical education centers and not of Bergen Community College. The applicant is to read and follow the School of Health Professions policy for criminal history background checks, since the outcome of this report affects admission into this program. The cost for the background check is $70.00.