How to Apply
First, you must apply to BCC into a general program, Associates in General Science (AS.PS.GEN). Students should apply online.
What are the admissions requirements for the VT program?
- The VT Admissions Assessment Examination is required. Please review the eligibility requirements for taking the exam, as explained in the next section:
- Minimum GPA for admissions eligibility – 2.0
- Students must have completed all remediation classes, including algebra, as required as a result of BCC’s College Placement Test.
- Students must have completed, or be in the process of completing (meaning you are enrolled in the courses at the time of submitting your change of curriculum form)
- VET 102
- VET 103
- VET 115
- CHM 112
- WRT 101
- MAT 035 if required after completing the College Placement Test
- Successful completion of a criminal background check. The results of the background check must come back negative.
Once the change of curriculum forms are reviewed, a negative criminal background check is received, and it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to take the VT Admissions Assessment Examination. The study guide is available in the library and at the bookstore.
The Admissions Assessment Examination for Veterinary Technology covers the following subject areas:
- Reading comprehension
- Personality Profile
- Learning Style
There are a total of 9–10 modules on the examination but modules to be completed will be program specific. You will receive more information once academic eligibility and a criminal background check is determined.
Title:Hesi Admission Assessment Review Guide
Edition: 3rd edition Elsevier
It is strongly recommended that students complete as many general education and science courses before applying to the veterinary technician program. The veterinary technology core courses require a substantial commitment and additional courses will decrease the amount of time and focus needed to be successful in the core veterinary technology courses.
What if I do not meet these requirements?
Any student not meeting these requirements will not be eligible for admission to the veterinary technology program.
What is the deadline for admission?
October 1st is the deadline for consideration for the January admission. Students meeting the minimum requirements must fill out a change of curriculum form.