Music Business Certificate
- Evaluate and research career options in the music industry and develop promotional materials and interview skills for workforce opportunities.
- Explain the contemporary structure of the music industry, including music publishing, record production, artist management, and concert promotion.
- Explain the role of new media and technology in the recording and concert industries and apply this knowledge to the development of production and marketing plans.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial skills and an understanding of the history of the music industry.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of copyright law, publishing, contracts, and licensing.
- Explain and apply knowledge of the marketing, promotion, and merchandising of music products.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of management, law, and accounting as it applies to the music industry.
|BUS101||Introduction to Business||3|
|MUS152||Introduction to the Music Business||3|
|MUS163||Careers in Music||3|
|WRT101||English Composition I||3|
|MUS252||Music in the Marketplace||3|
|MUS262||Concert Promotion and Production||3|
|Business Communications or
Information Technologies Elective or
|…||General Education Elective*||3|
|…||Free Elective ||3|
TOTAL CREDITS 30
Specific Program Notes
*General Education Elective(s)
Students enrolled in this program ARE REQUIRED to successfully complete a course in basic algebra if indicated by the Basic
Skills Placement Test.