Professional Development Programs for Teachers
Bergen Community College’s Division of Continuing Education is a registered New Jersey Professional Development Provider for the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Division of Continuing Education and the Department of Social Sciences have collaborated to create the CDA=Nine Credits initiative. If you have a CDA and wish to earn an Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education at Bergen Community College, you will be awarded nine college credits. These credits will be awarded to students who meet the college’s admission requirements and seek an Associate’s degree.
Come explore our programs and courses:
- Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate Certificate Program (CDA)
- Elementary Education PRAXIS II Exam Preparation
- How to Become a Substitute Teacher
- Overview of Special Education
- Introduction to Applied Behavior
- Social Thinking
- Certificate Program for Paraprofessionals: Overview of Disabilities, The Learning Process, Behavioral Management, Children and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Methodologies to Support Students and Adults on the Spectrum, and Behavioral and Social Skills Supports for Children and Adults on with Autism
We also offer computer courses, which are approved NJDOE Professional Development programs for Teachers
- Microsoft Word 2007-Level I
- Excel 2007-Level I
- PowerPoint 2007-Level