About and Mission
The New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC) network, comprised of 11 centers across the state, is the premier provider of comprehensive services and programs for small businesses in New Jersey for over 31 years. The NJSBDC network assists businesses to expand their operations, manage their growth and start new ventures via ongoing confidential consultations and low cost or no cost training.
The NJSBDC is an accredited member of the National Association of Small Business Development Centers www.asbdc-us.org, adhering to the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Assurance Standards. Baldrige is the most rigorous standard for process improvement, customer service and sustainability.
All regional centers are staffed by professional, seasoned, management consultants that have attained advanced degrees in business, but most importantly are practitioners. It is what they do full time for a living, their chosen field. By utilizing resources of their host institutions of higher education, tailor made solutions become key to a client’s success.
The network leverages funding from the U S Small Business Administration (SBA), the State of New Jersey, and the higher educational institutions that host the 11 centers as well as other private and public funding sources. Visit www.njsbdc.com.
The New Jersey Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network of service providers and partners is in the knowledge business, tapping best practices and business intelligence from the public and private sector. SBDC counsels, trains and educates established and aspiring small business owners so that they can compete more effectively in the domestic and global economies.
- To our clients we provide the highest level of professional business development in a confidential setting delivered by seasoned professionals with the utmost integrity.
- To our staff we empower with continuous training in best practice, new initiatives and provide state of the art technology and support to assist them in achieving their organizational goals.
- To our community where we reside, we embrace and volunteer to serve their needs above and beyond our daily routines. We believe in giving back. After all, we live here too!
NJSBDC Professional Code of Conduct
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence and objectivity.
- We will conduct ourselves in a manner which does not discredit our organization or our funding partners.
- We will keep client information and records confidential.
- We will use proprietary client information only with a client’s permission.
- We will not take advantage of confidential client information, nor enable others to do so.
- We will not allow conflicts of interest, which provide a competitive advantage to one client, through our use of confidential information from another client.
- We will accept only engagements for which we are qualified by our experience and competence.
- We will acknowledge any influences on our objectivity to our clients and offer to withdraw from the engagement when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other contractors and sole practitioners.
- We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner nor will we misrepresent the consulting profession.
- We will not accept remuneration, commission, gifts or things of value from any third parties engaged to provide services to our clients, nor recommend any service or product in which a counselor has a financial interest.
- We will ensure all SBDC staff is apprised of the Code of Conduct and report infractions of this code to our advisory boards.