Contact a College Alumni Ambassador
BCC Alumni College Ambassadors are recent BCC graduates attending four-year colleges and universities who correspond with current BCC students considering transfer to the Ambassadors’ colleges. These Ambassadors share their experiences, primarily by email and text messages, in areas such as student activities, social life on campus, academic rigors, directions and finding college employment at their current college. They will help BCC students glean a flavor for life at the institution they attend.
Guidelines for BCC Alumni Ambassadors at Other Colleges
BCC Alumni College Ambassadors agree to:
- Become members of the BCC Alumni Network. (The Alumni Network waves the first year’s $25 annual membership dues for alumni who sign up to be members of the Alumni Network during the annual Graduation Salute. However, they still may take advantage of all Alumni Benefits.)
- Communicate by email with current BCC students. Phone and in-person communications are optional at the discretion of the ambassador. The Office of Alumni Affairs will not give out phone numbers without the ambassador’s permission.
- Reply to BCC students within two business days, or acknowledge the receipt of the email within two business days, giving an approximate date of reply.
- Maintain a list of BCC students who contact them (names and email addresses) in order for the Office of Alumni Affairs to track the use and effectiveness of the program.
- Notify the Office of Alumni Affairs to withdraw from the program so their names may be removed from the online directory of Ambassadors. (This is a voluntary program; ambassadors may withdraw at any time without explanation.)
- If possible, attend a ceremony at the College in the spring (tentatively early April) to be recognized with a certificate of appreciation from Bergen Community College.
View a list of BCC Alumni College Ambassadors and contact one at your school of interest today.
NOTE: BCC students who attempt to contact a BCC Alumnus and do not receive a response within five business days should contact the Office of Alumni Affairs or Margarita Valdez by email, and we will try to find another source for them on campus.