Center for Student Success (Counseling, Transfer and Careers)
The Center has a staff of Faculty and Professional Counselors who offer a wide variety of services for students.
Academic Counselors assist students in determining which major a student should pursue.
Counselors also assist with academic planning and target areas that need to be addressed and improved upon.
Students have access to counselor during walk-in hours as well as scheduled appointments.These sessions often involve discussing college resources that offer support for academic success, referrals, interpreting test scores, problem-solving academic issues, teaching self-advocacy, and discussing graduation requirements.
Counselors are committed to helping students make appropriate academic decisions and giving them tools that will encourage and assist them navigate their education path to success.
Specific counselors are designated for the following cohorts: Honors, NJ Stars, STEM, OSS, EOF, and International.
The Center for Student Success
Room A-118, Pitkin Education Center (1st Floor)
Office Hours: *When classes are in session
- Monday: 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
1. During peak registration time (August and January) students should arrive at least 1.5 hours before Center for Student Success closes.
2. Last student intake:
– Monday: 3:30 P.M;
– Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 5:30 P.M.;
– Friday: 3:00 PM.
3. Walk-in appointments range from 5 to 15 minutes. If additional time is needed, a follow up appointment will be made.