Students found eligible for Calculator Usage, Extended Time, Tutoring, use of a Tape Recorder and/or Notetaking Services MUST attend an accommodations workshop. During each workshop, students will receive their accommodations and a brief explanation of how to implement them. Students must RSVP no later than 24 hours before scheduled workshop.
- Calculator Usage
- A four function calculator, or calculator deemed appropriate based on the student’s specific disability, may be used in the classroom and/or for test taking in the Office of Testing Services only (not for test taking in the classroom).
- Extended Time
- Extended time is usually double the amount of time allotted for quizzes and exams only.
- Extended time is not for the purpose of extending assignment due dates.
- Note Taking Services
- The Office of Specialized Services works with the students and instructors to secure hired note-takers to record clear and concise notes for each class.
- Eligible students must submit their accommodation forms to their instructors at the start of the semester; then a classroom note-taker will be identified to provide the students with notes from the classroom lecture.
- Note-takers are selected with the assistance of the instructor and if not volunteers, are paid by the college.
- Permanent tutoring appointments can be arranged by completing the required form
- Use of Tape Recorder
- Students will need to supply their own tape recorder.
- It is understood that recordings will be solely for the purpose of study notes and will be erased/discarded at the end of each semester
Summer Workshop Dates: Room TBA
Workshops are held on the following Wednesdays from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- May 17th
- May 24th
- June 7th
- June 21st
- July 5th
- July 19th
- August 2nd
- August 16th
- September 13th
- September 27th
- October 11th
- October 25th
- If you failed to attend an accommodations workshop, please manage to RSVP and attend the next scheduled workshop.
- All Workshops are held at Bergen Community College, 400 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 in the Pitkin Education Center.
- Parking is available in lots B, C, or D.
- You must print and bring a copy of your Services Eligibility notice to the workshop.