Be a Notetaker!
The notetaker will take notes of classroom lectures, class discussions, and other oral and written communication by instructors and classmates for students who are eligible for the notetaking accommodation offered through the Office of Specialized Services.
The job of Notetaker can be a volunteer position or you can be compensated for your services as Notetaker by the College.
Expectations of Notetakers:
The notetaker is expected to:
- Be registered for at least 6 credits during the semester hired as a notetaker
- Have a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Show up for each and every class, and report absences when unavoidable.
- Arrive for each notetaking assignment on time.
- Take quality notes (with legible handwriting, good grammar and spelling skills)
- Get the notes to the student within 24 hours.
- Notify the Notetaking Coordinator if notes are not being picked up or if the student receiving the notes misses two or more consecutive classes without notice.
- Contact the Notetaking Coordinator or the OSS office if there are problems or concerns.
- You may be required to type/scan/email your notes to the student receiving the accommodation.
After you apply, if found eligible, you will be contacted via email for an interview.
Once hired, you will be required to attend a brief orientation session.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Specialized Services.
Any notetakers that require assistance may now make an appointment with Maria Bohn – Senior Resource Accommodations Specialist in Room L-115 or by emailing us