EOF Application Process
To apply for the Educational Opportunity Fund grant, a student must:
- Apply and be Accepted to Bergen Community College
- Be eligible for the EOF grant (See EOF Eligibility)
- File a Free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) – note deadlines below. This must be done prior to submitting your EOF application:
- Complete an EOF Application. You can use the paper OR online application. Please note the EOF application deadlines below:
- To apply for Spring 2017 using the paper application form, complete the 2016-2017 EOF paper application
- To apply for Fall 2017 and 2017 Summer PreFreshman Program using the paper application form, complete the 2017-2018 EOF paper application
- To apply using the online form, please complete an online EOF Application
- Upon review of your application and documentation, you will be contacted by an EOF counselor to make an appointment for an interview to review your eligibility.
- Please bring the following documents to your interview with an EOF Counselor:
- 2015 STUDENT’S SSI Benefits or Tax Return Transcripts from IRS.
- 2015 PARENT’S SSI Benefits or Tax Return Transcripts from IRS.
- Non-filer statement from IRS. (if applicable)
- Welfare Letter (if applicable)
- High School Diploma or Final Transcripts
- GED Certificate or Scores (if applicable)
- Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a citizen)
- EOF Transfer Form (if transferring from another EOF program)
- Letter from DYFS (if ward of the state)
- Court Documents pertaining to custody or guardianship (if applicable)
EOF Application deadlines
- November 1st- Fall Semester
- March 1st- Spring Semester
- October 1, 2016: 2017-2018 FAFSA available
- March 17, 2017: BCC Priority Deadline to submit 2017-2018
- April 15, 2017: NJ HESAA Deadline for CONTINUING students to submit 2017-2018 FAFSA
- September 15, 2017: NJ HESAA Deadline for NEW students to submit 2017-2018 FAFSA
“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Martin Luther King, Jr.