International Student Orientation
You may do the following when you first arrive in the United States or transfer in:
- Make an appointment to take the placement test (Room S-127 or telephone: (201)447-7203)
- Register for your classes at the One Stop/ Registration Center (Room A-129) – This can only be done after you have tested.
- Submit or get immunization forms (Room HS-100)
- Get your student ID card and parking sticker (Room L-154) – This can only be done after you have registered and paid for your Spring 2016 classes.
Please know that new F-1 visa holders MUST attend international orientation.
Be sure to bring COPIES of all of your immigration documents (I-20, printout of I-94, Visa and Passport) with you to orientation, as we need this for your immigration file. We will also need to know your local address.
Please note that a hold will be placed on your registration record, and you will not be able to register for classes for the Spring 2016 semester if you do not bring these photocopies.
The orientation will be a wonderful experience to help you to acclimate to life at BCC and to the United States. We will bring you through all of the steps that you must take to be able to register. You will meet fellow international and US American classmates, and it will help you to understand your immigration status as an F-1 international student.
The International Orientation Team (I-TEAM) will also be at orientation to welcome you. The I-TEAM is made up of international students, just like you, to help you to feel comfortable, and to help you in any way possible! To see information on some of our I-TEAM members, please go to the Student Testimonials Page!
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Mandatory Orientation Schedule for Spring 2017
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Time: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Main Building, Room C-211 (Main Campus in Paramus). The room is located on the second floor in the Pitkin Education Center.
New International Student Orientation Spring 2017 Schedule
9:30 am Welcome and Check in. Breakfast will be provided
10:00 am General Information and Meet the Staff
10:15 am Mandatory Immigration Presentation
10:45 am Questions and Answers with the “International Team”
11:00 am New Student Information Fair. Representatives from various on-campus departments will be present to answer your questions
- ESL – American Language Program and Speech
- English Language Resource Center (ELRC)
- Health Services
- Honors Program
- International Student Association Club (ISA)
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
- Student Life
- Tutoring Center
12:00 pm Campus Tour.