Meet Our Staff
Dean of Student Life & Conduct
Rachel Lerner Colucci
- The Dean interprets and administers the College’s Student Code of Conduct.
- The Dean initiates cases that are then heard by the judicial hearing board and also serves as the hearing advisor for serious violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- The Dean supervises staff, serves on College committees, and ensures compliance with Federal laws through a complete and thorough knowledge of laws likely to have an effect upon college students.
- The Dean also serves as a member of the College’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Rachel Lerner Colucci joined the Student Affairs Leadership Team at Bergen Community College in July of 2015.
Prior to coming to Bergen, Rachel served as the Assistant Dean of Students at Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY and as the Director of Student Activities and Orientation at SUNY Maritime College from 2005 – 2010. In the Spring of 2008, she circumnavigated the globe visiting 12 countries as a Residence Director on the Semester at Sea program. She was recently recognized with Rockland County’s 40 Under 40 award and is an Alum of the Leadership Rockland program.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a minor in German Language and Literature and earned a Master of Education in Student Affairs Administration in 2005, both from the University at Buffalo.
Coordinator of Student Conduct & Information
- The Coordinator, reporting to the Dean, administers and implements the Code of Conduct by serving as a hearing officer and working with the Dean to make determinations concerning follow-up actions to be taken of a disciplinary or non-disciplinary nature.
- The Coordinator recruits and oversees the selection of volunteers to the College Conduct Review Board – as well as supervises the training and development of new members.
- The Coordinator serves on various College-wide committees, manages special projects for the department, gives presentations, and steps in as Dean of Student Life & Student Conduct in the Dean’s absence.
- Further responsibilities include compiling materials associated with campus disciplinary proceedings, maintaining accurate case file information, supervising all local, State, and Federal background checks related to behavioral issues.
- The Coordinator is currently the Case manager for the College’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Prior to coming to Bergen Community College, I served as a Graduate Assistant for the Office of Student Conduct at Rutgers University in New Brunswick from 2014 to 2016. In this role, I adjudicated student conduct and academic integrity cases, advised the Office of Student Conduct’s educational outreach student group, and served on various university task forces. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in History/Political Science and Sociology and earned a Master of Education in College Student Affairs in 2016, both from Rutgers University.
When I am not on campus, I can be found exploring Bergen County and surrounding area, meeting new people, and catching up with old friends. I volunteer for my national fraternity, Sigma Pi. In addition, I am a wrestling official in the State of New Jersey working with kids from recreation leagues all the way up to the high school level.
Student Conduct Assistant