Alumni Trustee Information
Graduating students from Bergen Community College have an opportunity to contribute their student experiences to the College Leadership by running for an important elected leadership position – Alumni Trustee.
The Alumni Trustee position allows a graduating student to sit on the Bergen Community College Board of Trustees, to articulate and voice the needs of the students and to vote on issues.
The Board of Trustees is the governing board for Bergen Community College and is responsible for decision-making and approving policy decisions affecting the College.
The board meets once a month.
The Alumni Trustee is elected yearly and serves a 1 year term, from July 1 – June 30.
In order to participate in the elections the student must:
• Be a Bergen alumnus/alumna starting June 1, 2017.
Notes: Students who graduated in August 2016, December 2016, or who will graduate in May 2017 are eligible to run or be nominated for the 2017-2018 Alumni Trustee.
• Have a valid email address on file.
• Be available the first week (usually a Tuesday – subject to change) of each month for meetings.
• Be able to articulate student needs and collaborate with the Office of Student Life.
• Attend assigned to Board Committees and other Board events.
INFORMATION SESSIONS ON ELECTIONS:
– Wednesday, March 8, 2017: Paramus Campus,Main, Student Center, 11:30 AM – 10:30 AM;
– Monday, March 20, 2017: Lyndhurst Campus, Room 409, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM;
– Tuesday, March 21, 2017: Hackensack Campus, Conference Room 102/103, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM;
– Wednesday, March 22, 2017: Paramus Campus, Main, C-311, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Meet the Candidates Panel:
– Wednesday, April 19, 2017, (12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.): Paramus Campus, Main, S-132.
To be considered as a candidate, please read and submit the application /Student Alumni Representative to the Board of Trustees (see below Alumni Trustee Information Package, p.4).