You served us with commitment, honor, and distinction. It is our privilege to serve you.
We want to ensure that service members and veterans can focus not only on academic success, but also on reintegration into civilian and student life. We want to help you achieve your goals, and the team from the Veterans Connection – comprised of faculty, staff, and veteran students – are here to help you on your journey to success.
Bergen Community College has earned recognition as a “military friendly school” by Victory Media for 2016, which annually compiles data on services provided for veterans by colleges and employers.Bergen enrolls approximately 300 students under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. In 2013, the College opened its Veterans and Military Affairs Center at the main campus. The center offers veteran-specific counselors, advisers and information on benefits, events and resources.
The Veterans Connection at Bergen will:
- Work with you to assess your military experience in relation to your academic goals.
- Help you in learning about VA benefits and how to access them, as well as a variety of programs and services available to you.
- Assist you with reintegration into civilian and academic life
- Introduce you to other veterans at Bergen who share common experiences.
- Serve as a conduit for raising understanding on issues that impact veteran students.
- Present relevant educational topics that enhance your learning experience
For further information please contact us at:
Room L-113 – Pitkin Education Center
Violet Surdyka – Interim Coordinator of Veteran and Military Affairs – 201-493-3767
John Giaimo – Academic/Personal Counselor – 201-447-7458
Victor Mandio – Readjustment Counselor Vet Center (Available on Fridays at the Veterans Center)