1-2-3 Connect Events
Students in the 1-2-3 Connect: First Year Experience Program have the opportunity to engage with their peers socially through a number of diverse campus events and activities each semester. These events and activities are designed to engage students in active learning, build supportive relationships with peers and faculty, and foster leadership opportunities. Please take some time to review our previous 1-2-3 Connect: First Year Experience events and activities as well as view upcoming events and activities:
Past Events and Activities:
- Fall 2011: – Welcome Back, Silence Can be Golden, Cupcake Wars, Great Adventures, Take a Bite Out of Tutoring, Museum of Natural History, and Semester’s Closing Event
- Spring 2012: – Welcome Back, Cultural Food Mixers, Games Night, Scary Movie Night, Glow-in-the-Dark Mini-Golf, Thank You Grams, Holiday Trivia, 1-2-3 Connect: First Year Experience Essay Contest, 1-2-3 Zumba, Meditation for Finals and Fall Out…Spring In Closing Event
- Fall 2012: – Welcome Back, Fall Connections, Games Night, Pumpkin Picking, Dress for Excellence, Kyle Maynard, Scary Movie Night, Give Thanks, 1-2-3 Connect: Workout, Thanksgiving Potluck, Fall Out…Spring In Closing Ceremony and Finals Meditation.
- Spring 2013: – Welcome Back, Black History (Hair) Month, Valentines Candy Grams, Disney Karaoke, Ice-cream Social, Women’s History, Let’s Sign, National Nutrition, National Cleaning Day, Dress for Excellence, Egg Hunt & Egg Coloring, The Art of Henna, Earth Day, 1-2-3 Excursion and Spring Closing Event & PM Graduation.
- Fall 2013: – Fall Connections/Welcome Back, C.A.R.E Club Animal Event, Bowling, Study Abroad Information Session, Game Night, Halloween Trivia, Pumpkin Carving Competition, 1-2-3 Halloween Party, 911 Memorial Trip, Veterans’ Round Table Discussion: Affordable Health Care, International Potluck, Thanksgiving Dinner, Stop the Violence Day, Talent Show, 1-2-3 Connect: Final Stress and 1-2-3 Closing Ceremony.
- Spring 2014:– Spring Connections (Welcome Back), Peer Mentor Class Visits, Speed Dating – Topic: “Dinner Etiquette”, Black History: Jazz Lounge, 1-2-3 St. Patrick’s Day Trivia, 1-2-3 Video Game Night, 1-2-3 Art Show, 1-2-3 Olympics, 1-2-3 Closing Ceremony.
- Fall 2014: – Fall Connections, Service Learning Awareness, Facebook Chat Party, Advisement Awareness Week, Halloween Party, 1-2-3 Connect: Family Feud, Why College? (Presenter: Dr. Ryner), Dia De Los Muertos: Mentor Acknowledgement, Latin Cultural Awareness Potluck, Holiday Cheer Card Making (Myanmar), and the Spring Closing Ceremony.
- Spring 2015: – Spring Connections (Welcome Back), Valentine’s Day Candy Grams, Black (All) Lives Matter Panel Discussion, Selfie-Spiration, Open-Mic, 1-2-3 Olympics, and Spring Closing Ceremony