Accepting Your Loans
STEPS FOR ACCEPTING YOUR DIRECT LOANS
Please take the time to read our sections “Types of Financial Aid” and “How To Borrow Responsibly” prior to making the decision to accept or reject your loans.
Once you have made your decision please follow the instructions below to Accept or Reject your award.
If you are a new borrower please complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling section at www.studentloans.gov if you haven’t done so already.
STEP 1: Complete Entrance Counseling. (If this is not your first time borrowing under the direct loan program, please disregard this step).
STEP 2: Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN). (If you had a loan in the previous year please disregard this step).
STEP 3: Access your BCC Portal Account
STEP 4: Select “Web Advisor for Students” menu
STEP 5: Click on “Financial Aid for Students“
STEP 6: Click on “Accept or Reject my Financial Aid Awards”
STEP 7: Choose from the drop down menu the correct financial aid award year (2016-2017)
STEP 8: Under the loan section choose whether to accept or reject your loan
STEP 9: Submit.
Check your Bergen email account for an update.
To be eligible for a Federal Direct Loan, students must:
- Be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or eligible Certificate program
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Complete a 2016-2017 FAFSA
- Submit all documents (if requested) & complete the verification process (if applicable)
- Be registered for at least six (6) credits each semester
- Not exceed maximum aggregate loan limit
- Not be in default of student loans
Office of Financial Aid