In-Person Registration begins Monday, April 10, 2017, at 8:00 A.M.
Summer sessions are a perfect time to take courses at Bergen Community College and transfer them back to your home institution.
The process is simple: no need to take the Basic Skills placement test or meet with an academic advisor to register.
Simply follow these steps:
1. Complete the Visiting Student Application Form
2. Complete the Registration Form (search online for classes by clicking here/accessing the course offerings portal)
3. Meet with your advisor at your home institution to ensure that classes you take here will transfer back to your home institution.
As a visiting student, it’s your responsibility to confirm that the course(s) you take at Bergen Community College will transfer to your college and that you have the prerequisites necessary to succeed in the course(s).
It’s recommended that you obtain a permission letter from your home institution permitting you to take course(s) at Bergen Community College.You may provide a college transcript (official or unofficial) that illustrates that you have met requisites for the desired course(s).
EMAIL and MAIL Option:
Email/mailed registrations will be processed starting Thursday, April 13 and will be based on the availability of the seats in the class.
- Scan all documents requested above and attach them to one e-mail and send to [email protected]
- Student or designee may deliver in person, register, and pay bill
- Student may choose to mail to:
Bergen Community College
400 Paramus Road, A-129
Paramus, NJ 07652
Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands
1280 Wall Street West, Room 116
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-3517
Starting on April 10th, registrations received via email will be processed on a first come first serve basis starting Thursday, April 13, 2017.
If a student is seeking enrollment into a high demand course (Chemistry, Biology, high level mathematics, etc) the best opportunity would be to register in-person starting April 10, 2017. Registration is based on seat availability at the time of processing and will notify you should the classes be at capacity.
BCC will no longer process emails for registration received after 2:00 PM on Monday, May 15, 2017. Once we proceed with processing your registration request, we will contact you with the information with details (what we were successful in completing on your behalf).
If Bergen Community College was unable to register you for a desired course section, you may either register in-person or try to register for another class by email.
The communication will include bill payment information – please be certain to make payment by due date and not have your classes dropped.
While most visiting students do not have online registration access, some may. Such access is based on students having satisfied certain requirements that are then reflected in the system (pre/co-requisites).
Visiting students have a non-matriculated status which may limit online registration access.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that credits will transfer back to their home institution.
To have your Bergen transcript sent to your home institution, please see: www.bergen.edu/transcripts
If you are considering staying enrolled with Bergen, Fall registration will remain open to you.
START and END Dates:
- Summer I 6 weeks) – Monday, May 22 – ends Friday, June 30
- Summer U (11 weeks) – Monday, May 22 – ends Friday, August 11
- Summer II (6 weeks) – Wednesday, July 5 – ends Friday, August 11
- Summer II (3 weeks) – Monday, August 7 – ends Friday, August 25
- Fall (16 weeks) – Friday, September 1 – ends Thursday, Dec. 21st.
The Office of Specialized Services (OSS) serves students with physical, visual, learning, hearing, and psychiatric disabilities. For accommodations, you must contact this office and provide documentation.
Visit the OSS website or call (201) 612-5269 / (201) 447-7845 (TTY).
For more information, please call the Admissions Office at 201-447-7200 or e-mail [email protected].