English Language Resource Center
Monday – Wednesday
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
If you are a student at Bergen Community College and English is not your native language, you can come here for help with grammar, reading, writing, and speech. We are open when classes are in session, and our services are free. For information about ESL classes, see the ESL Department.
- Links: We have listed many helpful sites for you.
- Software: We have all levels of reading, writing, grammar, and speech programs.
- Tutoring: You can make an appointment or drop-in for individual help.
- Conversation Groups: You can join with a tutor and other students to practice speaking.
- Workshops: Teachers offer workshops on grammar, pronunciation, and other topics.
- Books: You can borrow book with answer keys for self-study or with audio CD’s for listening.
- Teachers’ Page: Lesson plan links, favorite sites, sites with scores, writing help
Faculty & Staff
- Edward Murtha: Faculty Liaison – ESL
- Bina Dugan: Faculty Liaison – ESL Speech
- Marilyn Pongracz: ELRC Supervisor
- Dale Egan: ELRC Assistant Supervisor
For admissions information about the English as a Second Language Program at Bergen Community College, please call (201) 447-7196 or Email admissions.
Email the ELRC or call (201) 879-5292