Math & Science Walk-in Center
Madhvi Shah, Mathematics Tutorial Supervisor
Linda Araya, STEM Tutorial Supervisor
Fall 2016 Hours
- Monday – Thursday 9 am – 7 pm
- Friday 10 am – 3 pm
Tutoring will begin on September 12th, 2016
The Math and Science Walk-In Center (MSWIN) offers tutorial support in a collaborative setting. The flow of academic interaction among students and tutors allows for reciprocal learning. Therefore, students find the collaboration with their peers motivating.
The MSWIN is staffed with at least two tutors during each hour of operation. In the MSWIN, students can:
- Work on assignments on MyMathLab, do homework, or study for an exam.
- Receive quick assistance with questions that do not require one-hour appointments.
- Obtain practice worksheets or cumulative reviews for finals and proficiency tests.
- Reinforce learned concepts and apply them to solve problems.
The Math and Science Walk-In Center is available to all registered students, and no previous appointment is required. Just walk in, swipe your student ID and start taking advantage of this great opportunity.
Students may visit the MSWN for assistance in the following subjects:
- MAT 011 (Basic Mathematics)
- MAT 031(Algebra A)
- MAT 032 (Algebra B)
- MAT 035 (Algebra A/B)
- MAT 160 (Intermediate Algebra)
- MAT 180 (Pre-Calculus)
- MAT 280 (Calculus)
- MAT 223 (Business Calculus)