NJVID – Video Repository
What is New Jersey Digital Video Repository (NJVID)?
NJVid is a state of the art digital media repository service provided by New Jersey Research and Education Network (NJEDge.Net) for streaming, publishing and preservation of video for higher education institutions.
NJVID is available for use of videos in a Moodle course. BCC’s NJVID has two types of video collections: Academic/Administrative collections and Commercial Video Collections (the Sydney Silverman Library Collections).
Why use video in the classroom?
- Engage students
- Enhance Learning experience
- Increase student motivation
- Provide authentic learning opportunity
- Deeper learning of the subject
How do I find videos?
Users can locate media via a search or browse. To conduct a search, enter a search term or phrase into the text box near the top right-hand corner of the home page. To browse, at the top menu, mouse over Collections, then click All collections and then Bergen Community College collection. Use the sub-collections within the right-hand menu to navigate.
Some media on NJVid is password protected to prevent unauthorized access. To sign in, mouse over Login and click Institutional Login. At the subsequent screen, click Bergen Community College from the drop-down menu that reads Choose your institution, and click Select. At the ensuing authentication screen, enter your BCC username and password and click Login.
Where can I find instructions for adding and linking media in a Moodle course?
- Using the media player tool to upload and link to media in Moodlerooms
- Embedding NJVID playlists into courses/course pages in Moodlerooms
- Using the media player tool to upload and link to PDF files
- Using the Media Browser Tool
- Add/Create closed captions for uploaded media resources
What if I have playback and access issues?
If you have additional questions, email [email protected].