Instructions for Submitting a Proposal for the STEM C2 Research Summit
|Friday March 18th, 2016||Deadline to Submit all proposals|
|Friday March 25th, 2016||Notification of proposal acceptance|
|Friday April 8th, 2016||Conference registration deadline|
|*Conference workshop attendees are eligible to receive up to 5 CEU’s (Continuing Education Credits)|
Preparing Your Submission
The STEM C
2 Research Summit has three presentation types for you to choose from. Before you begin preparing your submission, please review the Call for Proposals and other information available at the main conference website, www.bergen.edu/stemsummit.
Specifically, each proposal submission requires a:
- Title for the proposal.
- Proposal description (50 word max) to be used for conference program and schedule.
- Abstract (250 word max) – Abstracts must include sufficient information about the nature and significance of the topic, the adequacy of the investigative strategy, the nature of the results, and the conclusions. The abstract should summarize the substantiative results of the work and not merely list topics to be discussed.
- Names (for proposals involving more than one person), affiliations, and email address of all presenters.
- Essential equipment needs. If you need a digital projector for your presentation, please indicate so in the proposal form.
Completing the Submission Form
- Before you can access the submission form, you must register for the conference at Eventbrite – Click Here. Be sure to select the ticket type that corresponds to you.
- You will need your conference registration order confirmation number in order to complete the proposal submission form.
- As you fill in the form, read the directions for each submission form input field which is provided above and beneath the input field.
- The simplest way to add your abstract and proposal information would be to cut-and-paste it directly from your word processor. Use simple formatting as you would with plain text email (e.g., line breaks instead of indents for paragraph delineation, asterisks or hyphens for bullets).
- Once you have entered all the requested information, click on “Submit.” You will then receive a short message and an email confirmation saying that your proposal has been submitted.
What to Expect after Submission
Once you have submitted your proposal, your proposal is stored and will be ready for program reviewers. You will
not be able to access or edit your proposal during review once it has been submitted.
The selected contact person in the proposal form will be contacted regarding the proposal’s acceptance (the submitter is responsible for contacting any other panel participants).
Check the Chart at the Top of the Page for Deadlines.
For assistance with submitting this form and all other conference-related issues , contact the conference coordinator, Luis De Abreu, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 301-1709.