Degree Programs and Certificates
The Hotel and Restaurant Management program provides the knowledge and skills needed in the rapidly expanding hospitality field. Our students will understand the regulations and standards which govern the hospitality industry and culinary arts, and will be proficient in food preparation, purchasing, cost control, and all phases in the hospitality industry. All certificate and degree programs prepare students to earn TIPS Certification and ServSafe Certification for food handling and beverage service
Students may choose from a variety of degree and certificate programs. The two-year A.A.S. degree in Hospitality Management allows students to select program concentrations after their first semester that align with their career interests. One-year certificate programs are also available.
- Professional Studies AS – Business Administration – Hospitality Option
- AAS – Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality – Hospitality Management – Program Concentrations:
- Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Catering and Event Planning
- NEW: Get the best of all worlds with an intensive 3 months:
Professional Cooking Certificate of Achievement
- Culinary Arts Certificate
- Hospitality Management Certificate
- Event Planning and Management
Certificates of Achievement
Continuing Education Classes
Learn to cook like a professional! Participate in this exciting culinary program offered through the Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Hospitality. Students may now register for these courses through the Division of Continuing Education, status – noncredit. Upon successful completion of the three course series, students will receive a certificate of completion from Bergen Community College’s Division of Continuing Education.
If you decide after you complete these courses that you would like to obtain BCC College credit for one or more of the courses, please contact the Division at 201-447-7214, or e-mail to culinary arts for further information.
- HRM-103 – Professional Food Preparation Techniques
- HRM-110 – Introduction To Baking
- HRM-212 – International Cuisine