Many high school students are already thinking about career paths and they would like to begin exploring opportunities while still in high school. These students may be interested in attending college after high school or they might be considering going straight into the workforce. Early Career at Bergen Community College was designed for high school juniors and seniors that want to get a jump start on a career, prefer hand-on learning, and/or are interested in standing out in the college application process.
We offer 5 Early Career Programs for high school students:
- Certified Logistics Associate (daytime)
- Childhood Development Associate (daytime)
- Medical Office Assistant (daytime)
- Construction Management (evening and weekend)
- Fashion Design (evening and weekend)
- Interior Design (evening and weekend)
Benefits of participating in Early Career
- Get a head start on a career while still in high school
- Earn between 3 and 9 college credits while still in high school and an industry recognized credential
- Gain real world experience by participating in internships
- Stand out in the college application process
- Complete in one year or less
- High school juniors and seniors
- Successful completion of 10th grade math
- Guidance counselor or school principal recommendation
Steps to Apply
- Review the Early Career Programs below to find the one that interests you.
- Reach out to your school counselor or administrator and let them know you are interested or email email@example.com for more information.
High school counselors and administrators interested in learning more about offering Early Career to your students, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Logistics Associate
Childhood Development Associate
Medical Office Assistant