The Career and Workforce Development Center staff is committed to assisting employers with their staffing needs whether it’s full-time, part-time, cooperative education, internships, or service learning opportunities.
Cooperative education is an academic program in which students spend part of their time in class, and part in off-campus placements related to their major. Students have the opportunity to apply classroom learning to practical work situations and learn work related skills. In addition, participants in CO-OP earn academic credit for their work experience.
Why do Employers Participate in CO-OP?
- Cost effective recruitment and training of potential employees
- Flexible staffing to meet variable needs (peak season relief, leave replacements)
- Improved access to qualified women and minority candidates
- More effective use of high paid staff by relieving them of responsibility for routine duties
- Opportunity to participate in and influence the educational process
- Opportunity to enhance company image within community
- A chance to evaluate candidates in their own environment
- Increased retention of new employees
In addition, co-op students bring fresh ideas, high energy, motivation and productivity to the workplace.
Call (201) 447-7171 for job order forms which you can fax to us when you have opportunities for our students.
Cooperative education is an investment in our future!
Each Spring and Fall semester, students have the opportunity to visit with over 30 companies that come on campus to take part in the Career and Workforce Development Center’s Job Fair.
Ideal for graduating students looking for full-time employment, the upcoming Spring Job Fair sign-up information can be found below.
Learn how to participate:
- Date: Our Fall 2022 Job Fair takes place on Wednesday, November 2nd from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Contact Brendan Williams, email@example.com for registration information.
- Location: Student Center/Pitkin Education Building @ the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ.
On-Campus Recruitment / Workforce Wednesdays
Do you need to fill positions?
Bergen Community College has a diverse population of over 16,000 students, offers courses in over 80 different fields, and is an outstanding resource of qualified job candidates.
On campus recruitment at Bergen Community College is offered under the auspices of the Career Center. Workforce Wednesdays are designed to highlight individual employers looking to recruit students for current open positions. Call (201) 447-7171 or email the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox to reserve a Wednesday.
Remember to contact the Career Center at (201) 447-7171 or email@example.com to be sure to get on this semester’s schedule. We look forward to seeing you on campus!