NJBIA Basic Skills Workforce Training
You may be eligible to receive basic-skills training for your employees at no charge to your company through NJBIA’s Basic Skills Workforce Training Program. This program, a partnership between the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA), the State’s community colleges, and the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development. We will assist you in the application process and classes are conducted at your location or one of Bergen Community College’s three campuses in Hackensack, Paramus or Lyndhurst.
Contact our Corporate Training Department for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 201-689-7628.
- Employer must complete the NJBIA Participation-Agreement.
- Participating employers must be in compliance with New Jersey tax law.
- Upon approval of the employer’s application, employee will be sent a link to register the approved course(s).
- Eligible employees must be working a minimum of 20 hours a week to qualify.
Basic Training for Individuals
- Individuals can attend open enrollment classes with other employers, scheduled at our campus locations.
Basic Training for Groups
- For a dedicated class, a minimum of 10 employees must attend and complete the required hours for each course. Classes can be delivered at your site, or at any of our campus locations. Times and dates are flexible and designed to suit your needs.
Accounting for New Supervisors
How to Measure Anything Accurately
Improving the Customer Experience
Microsoft Excel I
Microsoft Excel II
Microsoft Outlook & Email Etiquette
Microsoft PowerPoint I
Microsoft PowerPoint II
Microsoft Word I
Navigating Windows 10
Verbal Communications Courses (Public Speaking)