Institute For Learning In Retirement
An Affiliate of Elderhostel at Bergen Community College
Welcome to the Institute for Learning in Retirement!
Lois E. Marshall Institute for Learning in Retirement (ILR) at Bergen Community College, in cooperation with Elderhostel, serves the intellectual and social needs of a vibrant community of Lifelong Learners. Our members have a thirst for learning and intellectual stimulation. One fee entitles members to attend courses which are taught by members and experts from the larger community. Each semester’s offerings cover a broad range of academic and cultural topics. There are no tests or grades.
Why You Should Join:
- To become part of an organization created specifically to meet the lifelong educational interests and needs of mature adults.
- To share with other ILR members what you have learned and experienced during your life.
- To enjoy the special learning opportunities available in a friendly and stimulating atmosphere.
- To have social interaction with other ILR members during classes and other organizational activities.
- To enjoy classes and activities in a diverse and multigenerational college campus setting.