March 3, 2020 – Update 1
Throughout the progression of COVID-19, the College has monitored the latest guidance from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Bergen County Department of Health Services to inform our response. As an open-access, public institution reflecting the diversity of our county, we believe it remains especially important for us to diligently monitor COVID-19’s progression – even though the virus has not affected anyone in New Jersey. As such, we will continue to review the latest guidance and do so until the global progression ceases.
With that in mind, though, we encourage the College community to practice “everyday” measures that can help prevent illness, including:
- Washing your hands regularly;
- Using hand sanitizer (above 60 percent alcohol content) as needed;
- Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing;
- Boosting your immune system through exercise and good sleep and eating habits; and
- Remaining home when dealing with the flu or viral illness.
We will continue to monitor the progression of COVID-19 and update the College community as appropriate.