Step 2: Complete Student Intake and Provide Documentation
All students seeking services that have not yet submitted documentation to the Office of Specialized Services (OSS) are responsible for completing the following steps:
- Complete and submit online In-Take form to OSS. When you submit your online application, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. Documentation will not be reviewed until a completed In-Take form has been submitted to our office. Once you have submitted the completed In-Take form a confirmation email will be sent to your me.bergen.edu BCC email account.
- Provide OSS with appropriate documentation of your disability that meets the documentation guidelines. There are two options for submitting documentation:
- Scan and email your documentation to [email protected] using your me.bergen.edu BCC student email address. ONLY emails originating from your me.bergen.edu BCC email address will reach us at this email address. Please note if your scanned file is larger than 18mb, please split the file into two emails. We can only accept .jpeg or .pdf files via email OR
- Mail or drop off copies of your documentation to our office:
Bergen Community College
ATTN: OSS Room L-115
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
- You will receive updates from OSS via your me.bergen.edu BCC email account regarding the outcome of the review of your documentation.
- Students found eligible for accommodations and/or auxiliary service MUST attend either a workshop or individual appointment with OSS staff to discuss implementation of your accommodations. Information and instructions for how to RSVP will be included in your Eligibility Letter which is sent to your me.bergen.edu BCC email account.
- Once you have completed an Accommodation Workshop or one on one appointment, you will receive your Letter of Accommodation via your me.bergen.edu BCC email account.
You MUST initiate and complete these four (4) steps in order to receive your Letter of Accommodation.
If you are unable to complete the online application process, you can request assistance in person from the OSS front office staff, or by calling 201-612-5269.