Meet Our Staff
Dean of Student Life and Conduct
Rachel Lerner Colucci
- interprets and administers the College’s Student Code of Conduct;
- initiates cases that are then heard by the judicial hearing board and also serves as the hearing advisor for serious violations of the Student Code of Conduct;
- supervises staff, serves on College committees, and ensures compliance with Federal laws through a complete and thorough knowledge of laws likely to have an effect upon college students;
- serves as a member of the College’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Rachel Lerner Colucci joined the Student Affairs Leadership Team at Bergen Community College in July of 2015.
Prior to coming to Bergen, Rachel served as the Assistant Dean of Students at Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY and as the Director of Student Activities and Orientation at SUNY Maritime College from 2005 – 2010. In the Spring of 2008, she circumnavigated the globe visiting 12 countries as a Residence Director on the Semester at Sea program. She was recently recognized with Rockland County’s 40 Under 40 award and is an Alum of the Leadership Rockland program.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a minor in German Language and Literature and earned a Master of Education in Student Affairs Administration in 2005, both from the University at Buffalo.
Coordinator of Student Conduct & Information
- administers and implements the Code of Conduct by serving as a hearing officer and working with the Dean to make determinations concerning follow-up actions to be taken of a disciplinary or non-disciplinary nature;
- recruits and oversees the selection of volunteers to the College Conduct Review Board – as well as supervises the training and development of new members;
- serves on various College-wide committees, manages special projects for the department, gives presentations, and steps in as Dean of Student Life & Student Conduct in the Dean’s absence;
- compiles materials associated with campus disciplinary proceedings and maintains accurate case file information and supervises all local, State, and Federal background checks related to behavioral issues;
- serves as the Case manager for the College’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Prior to coming to Bergen Community College, I served as a Graduate Assistant for the Office of Student Conduct at Rutgers University in New Brunswick from 2014 to 2016. In this role, I adjudicated student conduct and academic integrity cases, advised the Office of Student Conduct’s educational outreach student group, and served on various university task forces. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in History/Political Science and Sociology and earned a Master of Education in College Student Affairs in 2016, both from Rutgers University.
When I am not on campus, I can be found exploring Bergen County and surrounding area, meeting new people, and catching up with old friends. I volunteer for my national fraternity, Sigma Pi. In addition, I am a wrestling official in the State of New Jersey working with kids from recreation leagues all the way up to the high school level.
Student Conduct Assistant
My primary responsibilities include executing disciplinary record certifications, case management, and general support for Student Conduct and Student Life.
I started my journey in Bergen Community College in the Fall semester of 2012 as a student, and as a Student Aide in the Office of Student Life & Conduct. While at Bergen as a student, I was very involved with the club organization on campus. I took part in Student Government Association as a Senator, as well as served on the Community Standard Review Board as a Justice.
I graduated in May 2015 then transferred to William Paterson University where I obtained my Bachelors of Arts in Communications with a double minor of Media Studies and Business in May 2017. I returned to Bergen as the Student Conduct Generalist in the Office of Student Conduct in the Spring 2016.