Project Graduation and Data Mining
The Project Graduation initiative was created in August 2013. Students, Faculty, Staff, Academic and Student Affairs Administrators have joined forces to focus on Student Success and Graduation.
Past Students have been identified, who attended Bergen and are close to program completion, and assisted to re-enroll, reverse transfer and Graduate. Enrolled students are assisted with their academic progress toward program completion, graduation.
Technology and automation has been utilized to enhance, simplify and make the graduation processes more effective and efficient for today and tomorrow’s Bergen Community College’s Graduates.
The Project has created a variety of materials used to change Bergen’s culture and better serve our students and community.
Sample Project materials:
Sample of Project results:
Project Graduation Honors, Presentations:
Project Graduation Members presented at:
- NJCCC 2014 Best Practices Conference – “Data Mining for Completion”
- NJCCC 2015 Best Practices Conference – “Data Mining for Completion, the Sequel”
- NJ-NY ACROA Fall 2014 Conference -“Shake the Tree!”
- NJ-NY ACROA Fall 2015 Conference -“Shake the Tree!”
Community College Futures Assembly, 2016 Bellwether Awards Finalist Conference – “Don’t Let Your Graduates Die On The Vine! A community College Approach to Increase Graduation Harvest”
Project Graduation has had the honor of:
- A Community College Futures Assembly, Bellwether Award Nominee in 2015 & 2016;
- A Finalist for the 2016 Bellwether Award 2016
- Chosen as a 2016 “Innovation of the Year” , The League of Innovation in Community Colleges
For additional project details or presentation copies, please contact
Committee Chair, Dean Denise Liguori [email protected]