Please watch the YouTube video tutorial which explains how to use Bergen Community College Portal to access email and other student service functions.
Academic Advising is part of the Center for Student Success. We operate on a walk-in basis. We are staffed by both Peer and Faculty advisors. Academic Advising is collaboration between the student and the advisor. Our Center helps new and continuing Bergen Students on the road to graduation and degree completion. Our Center uses the developmental model of Advising. Our goal is to teach students how to navigate their College experience as easily as possible. Through academic advising the student will become empowered to achieve their academic plan.
Our purpose is to guide students to become self-directed learners and decision makers in a supportive atmosphere which promotes the educational development of the student. Advisors teach students how to: sets goals, acquire information about the Campus, make decisions consistent with their interests & degree requirements.
Some of the things we do:
- Explain Placement Test Results and Developmental Course sequences to our new students.
- Teach our students how to read & understand their Degree Requirements – which are the classes that have to be completed in order to graduate.
- We guide students in choosing classes that will meet the academic requirements for their degree.
- We teach students how to read the College Catalog.
- We provide information about academic deadlines.
- We explain College Policies and Procedures.
- We offer referrals to our campus resources.
We work collaboratively with all areas of the College to insure that students are provided accurate information.
For more information: