Faculty and Staff Training Facilities
CITL manages the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Lab (A-228) and the Faculty and Staff Resource Room (C-326 ). These facilities are open to all Faculty and Staff to work on their projects when workshops are not in session. Faculty and staff may reserve these rooms to meet as teams for project work or host their events.
Submit a request by filling out the Room Reservation Form.
The SOTL Lab (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Lab) provides space to faculty to begin conversations on how students learn, understand teaching and learning theories, design classroom interventions to share findings with fellow colleagues. This room is setup to practice active and collaborative teaching techniques and has a state of the art digital projection screen for real time sharing of applications with Apple devices using Apple TV technology.
There are two movable trapezoid tables with 12 chairs, a backbone stationary media table with 5 armless high stools and two tea-cup lounge chairs to support different seating arrangements. This room has one large and three small glass dry-erase boards for creating dynamic group activities.
The FSR (Faculty and Staff Resource) room is primarily used for technology training. C-326 contains a color as well as a black and white laser printer along with 2 dedicated document scanners and 1 scanner for pictures/slides. The teacher’s station contains an LCD projector with smart classroom capabilities including a document camera and Apple TV, which provides screen mirroring of Apple devices to the LCD projector.
In addition, there are 5 VDI’s, 9 Dell PCs, 5 MAC computers and 1 HP Sprout computer in this room. 5 VDI computers are arranged in the first row and are ready to go with a Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) that hosts a desktop operating system on a centralized server in our data center. They come equipped with built-in Webcams for easy access to video creation. In the next two rows are 9 Dell computers with sound card and audio jack for sound playback. On the outside wall of the room are 5 Apple iMac Computers with software loaded to match the new West Hall Art free-time Print Graphics lab image. On the same wall is 1 HP Sprout machine which captures 3D objects using the unique WorkTools software.
List of Software installed in FSR room
- Adobe Creative Suite (Audition, Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC Character Animator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flashbuilder, lnCopy, Photoshop, lnDesign, Illustrator)
- ArtStor Offline Image Viewer
- Audacity – Used for audio file creation and conversion to mp3 files
- Globalscape Cute FTP 8 Professional
- Hot Potatoes – Test Creation Software
- iTunes – For working with podcasts
- MathType 6
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Groove, OneNote, OneDrive, Visual Studio 2010 Express)
- Mindjet Mind Manager – Brainstorming ideas and project planning
- MiniTab 14 Student – Used for Statistics Education
- NCH Software Suite – Includes programs for audio, video, business, dictation and transcription, graphics, telephony, and other utilities
- Respondus – Test Creation Software for batch uploading questions,
- Respondus Lockdown Browser 1.0
- SoftChalk Create 10 – Used for creating interactive activities Switch Sound File Converter
- Techsmith Camtasia Studio – Used for screen animations Techsmith Snag-it – Used for screen capture
- TurningPoint – Used for Classroom Clicker slide creation Ulead Video Studio – Used for video editing