Background and Significance
ARS allows professors to engage students in active learning by providing a feedback mechanism that can be used to gauge student understanding of important concepts and test learning on the spot. Clickers can also be used to keep attendance and for a range of other useful purposes.
Goals and Objectives
- Enhance classroom instruction with ARS.
- Develop a support system for integrating ARS in classroom instruction.
- Evaluate instructional use of ARS.Disseminate recommendations to other faculty.
Application and Review Process
Faculty who have attended ARS demonstrations are being asked via email if they are interested in applying. Applicants will provide a brief narrative of their initial ideas regarding the use of ARS in their classroom. CIT will review the applications and discuss them with the appropriate Academic Dean, in order to identify a small group of faculty members to pilot a limited number of ARS implementations. Up to 10 ARS Kits will be loaned to faculty in the pilot to support classroom integration.
- Submit approved application of interest to CIT to adopt ARS.
- Submit a signed project agreement at initial training.
- Attend 2 meetings to share experiences and develop ARS survey.
- Deliver ARS survey to students at end of semester.
- Provide recommendations for future implementation of ARS for classroom instruction.
- Provide faculty training on use of ARS hardware and Turning Point software.
- Assist faculty in idea generation regarding innovative use of the technology.
- Prepare project report from the survey results submitted by students and feedback from faculty at the end of each semester and share it with project participants and Director of Technologies.
- Present findings and best practices at the Faculty Conference.
|12/13||Send applications for ARS pilot|
|1/25||Signed applications due|
|1/28-1/31||Get Deal approval|
|2/1||Send email to approved participants|
|2/4-2/8||Training in hardware and software|
|2/11-2/15||Test PPT presentation and troubleshooting|
|3/17-3/21||Meeting as a group with project faculty|
|3/31-4/4||Follow up training|
|4/21-4/25||Faculty and students survey|
*These are approximate weeks and are subject to change.