Once a funding source is identified, the Office of Grants Administration will reach out to schedule a meeting with you and your team. At that time we will revisit and review the grant concept as well as work on a timeline of completion. In order to write a strong grant, we will need to work together to perform a needs assessment, write the proposal, and develop a strong evaluation tool. Below are resources for each of these items that you may review at your own time.
- New Jersey: The Official State of New Jersey Website
- Career Clusters produced by Advance CTE: State Leaders Connecting Learning to Work, provides knowledge and skills needed for Career Clusters and their Career Pathways. It also functions as a useful guide in developing programs of study bridging secondary and postsecondary curriculum and for creating individual student plans of study for a complete range of career options.
- Community College Strategic Planner Contact the Grants office for login
- American FactFinder (U.S. Census)
- National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (HRSA-BHPR)
- Healthy People 2020: Guides to Community Health Planning
- The Role of Community Colleges in the Education of Recent Science and Engineering Graduates (NSF Science Resources Statistics)
- Women, Minorities, and Persons With Disabilities in Science and Engineering
- WorkforceGPS: Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA), WorkforceGPS is an interactive online communication and learning technical assistance (TA) platform that was designed to communicate with and build the capacity of the public workforce investment system to develop and implement innovative approaches to workforce and economic development. This website, which offers resources and peer-to-peer connection, supplements other ETA resources to help the public workforce system, education professionals, and business.
- Dept. of Planning & Economic Development, County of Bergen, NJ
- New Jersey Association for Lifelong Learning Professional association that encourages the growth and development of lifelong learning and lifelong learners in the state of New Jersey.
Basic Proposal Writing Guide
- “How Do I Write a Grant Proposals” from Grantspace, a service of the Foundation Center
- “Developing and Writing Grant Proposals” from combined federal agency resources
- “Proposal Writer’s Guide” by Don Thackeray, updated in 2014 by Christine Black, from UM Research at U. of Michigan
- “A Guide for Proposal Writing” from the National Science Foundation (Div. of Undergraduate Education)
- Grant Proposal Guide NSF January 2017 (National Science Foundation)
- A Guide to Proposal Planning and Writing by Jeremy T. and Lynn E. Miner
- U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual 2016
Reference Collections for Proposal Writing
- “Proposal Writing: Internet Resources” from University of Wisconsin Grants Information Center
- “Proposal Writing: Selected Web Sites” from University of Pittsburgh
- “Academic Fundraising Web Resources” from Michigan State University
Project Evaluation Tools
- Evaluation Tools and Resources from SAMHSA
- Program Based Tools and Evaluations from UMASS Amherst
- Footprints: Strategies for Non-Traditional Program Evaluation
- Resources on Program Evaluation and Performance Measurement, assembled by NEA’s Office of Research and Analysis