Grants and funding can help support and grow programs and activities. They can also provide extra visibility and credibility both inside and outside of Bergen Community College.
Register or sign up for these free alert services from Grants.gov, Foundation Center, NIH, and NSF to receive free electronic notices via email or RSS feeds of grants announcements based on your individual interests or profile. You can also view periodical listings of grants announcements posted in the Chronicle of Higher Education or the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
The following are links to webinars, sponsored by the Foundation Center, that can help you get started on finding grant opportunities and writing grants:
- Introductions to Finding Foundation Grants
- Introduction to Proposal Writing
- Proposal Writing Short Course
Browse funding opportunities available under each page listed on the menu to the left. Below you will find information specific to Bergen Community College.
Bergen Community College Description
- Bergen Community College is a comprehensive, publicly supported two-year college that is fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Through its open admissions policy, the college is committed to equal educational opportunities for all. Over 13,300 students enroll in more than 90 degree and certificate programs through day, evening, and on-line opportunities. An additional 10,000 students are involved in professional development, continuing education, welfare-to-work, English as a Second Language, and personal development programs on the Paramus campus as well as at the Colleges Ciarco Learning Center in Hackensack, NJ. Its instructional programs are designed to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, or for immediate entry into a career. Noncredit courses are offered for those seeking personal enrichment or improvement of specific skills. Special populations include Students with Disabilities who comprise approximately 7% of the student body.
Main Campus: 400 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ 07652-1595;
Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands: 1280 Wall Street West, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-3517
Philip Ciarco Jr. Learning Center: 355 Main St., Hackensack, NJ 07601
Main Campus: (201) 447-7100
Ciarco Learning Center: (201) 489-1551
Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands: (201) 460-0610
Bergen Community College offers three types of degree programs:
- Associate in Arts (AA)
- Associate in Science (AS) and
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
BCC also offers One-year Certificates
13,352 total enrollment in Fall 2018. Source: Fact Book 2018-2019
See Center for Institutional Effectiveness
Faculty Demographics (self-reported) – In FY 2018, 27% of faculty were minorities: 13% Hispanic/Latino; 5% Black and 8% Asian.
Financial Aid – In FY 2018, the College dispensed almost $44 million in student financial aid to county and non-county residents as well as One-year Certificates. Source: BCC Fact Book 2018-2019
US Congressional Districts
BCC campuses are located in the 5th (Paramus) and the 9th (Hackensack and Lyndhurst) congressional districts.
NJ Legislative Districts
BCC campuses are part of District 38 (Paramus), District 37 (Ciarco), and District 36 (Meadowlands). Bergen county covers NJ Districts 35-40.
Tax status – Bergen Community College is a public educational institution which operates as a political sub-division of the State of New Jersey in the County of Bergen.
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN): 22-1820506
- Data Universal Numbering System Number (DUNS No.) : 076677822
Dr. Michael Redmond, President, is organizational signatory.
Dr. William J. Yakowicz, Director of Grants, is authorized institutional representative for grants.
Human Resources Policies – See the College Policies website for the following:
BCC’s Title IX Policy; Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment; Policy Prohibiting Discrimination; and Internal Complaint Processes and Procedures.
Travel & Per Diem Rates
See also College Policies for guidelines on Travel, Mileage, and other Reimbursable Expenses for College Personnel.
College Facilities Rental and Fees and Moses Family Meeting and Training Center, Technology Education Center – Usage Fees
Please contact BCC’s Event Planning Manager: Tracy Miceli 201-689-7629