The April 7 board of trustees meeting will take place via WebEx and telephone at 5 p.m. Click here for WebEx or call +1-415-655-0003 and use access code 470 464 248.
Cooperative education is an academic program in which students spend part of their time in class, and part in off-campus placements related to their major. Students have the opportunity to apply classroom learning to practical work situations and learn work related skills. In addition, participants in CO-OP earn academic credit for their work experience.
Why do Employers Participate in CO-OP?
- Cost effective recruitment and training of potential employees
- Flexible staffing to meet variable needs (peak season relief, leave replacements)
- Improved access to qualified women and minority candidates
- More effective use of high paid staff by relieving them of responsibility for routine duties
- Opportunity to participate in and influence the educational process
- Opportunity to enhance company image within community
- A chance to evaluate candidates in their own environment
- Increased retention of new employees
In addition, co-op students bring fresh ideas, high energy, motivation and productivity to the workplace.
Call (201) 447-7171 for job order forms which you can fax to us when you have opportunities for our students.
Cooperative education is an investment in our future!