I submitted an application for the previous semester, but did not attend. Do I have to send another application for the next semester?

No, we hold your application. Write us a letter asking us to reactivate your old application. Include your name, social security number, and the semester for which you originally applied.


What is the deadline for admissions?

Students may be admitted to the college in both the Fall and the Spring semesters, except for some Health Professions programs.

For more information, visit Open Houses & Campus Tours.

What is the status of my application?
  • Students may call (201)-493-3595 to get the status on their application.

What do I need to apply for admission?

All prospective students must submit an application. Foreign high school graduates must submit documentation that shows their credentials are equivalent to those of a US high school graduate. All credentials must be translated by an official translating agency and certified as correct. Personal translations are not accepted.

In addition, all Health Professions applicants must submit a copy of their high school transcripts and college transcripts by stated application deadlines (Health Professions Requirements).

Degree Status:

All degree-seeking students admitted to the college must take the New Jersey Basic Skills Placement Test before they are permitted to register for courses. For more information,visit The Office of Testing Services.

Non-Degree Status:

A Non-Degree application is required. Students under 18 years old must have accredited high school or equivalency diploma. Those over 18 years old with no high school or equivalency certificate can obtain 30 general education college credits to qualify for a high school equivalency diploma issued by the New Jersey Department of Education and can now apply for matriculation in a degree program through regular admission procedures. For more information, visit GED Testing.

Readmitted Status:

A student interested in returning to the college can check the status by calling (201) 447 7195. If the account is still active no new application is necessary. If the account is not active, the readmission form can be found on Bergen Community College Forms.

How many credits do we accept from other colleges?

Official transcripts received in a sealed envelope can be evaluated for credit. Bergen Community College only accepts credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities (and properly accredited programs) for courses with a grade of “C” or better. Passing, “P,” grades must equal “C or better.”

Transfer credits are awarded after a student has been accepted through the Office of Admissions, and is enrolled in a degree or certificate program. Credits will be posted into the student’s records, and can be viewed through the Portal computer system under “Program Evaluation.” Processing time can take between two to four weeks depending on the time of the year. On the spot evaluations are not performed.

Students can transfer a maximum of 45 credits into an Associate Degree program, or 18 credits into a Certificate program. Two General Education courses can be transferred in for students in Certificate of Achievement programs, but if course work has recently been completed, student can speak with the department chair for further credit or course substitutions.

What do I need for proof of residency?

U.S. Citizens or permanent residents should bring to the Office of Registration & Student Information Services one of the following in your name:

  • A copy of your valid Driver’s License/Permit
  • A recent tax, water, or utility bill
  • A copy of a current lease or deed
  • A Bergen County ID card
    • Obtain ID card at the County Clerk’s Office located:
      1 Bergen Plaza, Room 120
      Hackensack, NJ
      (201) 336-7000
  • If you are an independent student:
    • A copy of your current and previous year’s New Jersey 1040 Income Tax form
  • If you are a dependent student:
    • A copy of your parents’ or legal guardian’s current and previous year’s New Jersey 1040 Income Tax Form.

Note: All students on non-immigrant visas are charged at a rate that is equivalent to the out-of-county rate. All students will be asked to submit evidence of residency. View tuition rates. Detailed information about tuition and rates is also accessible at Bursar (Billing and Payment Center.

When will I know if I have been accepted?

All qualified applicants will receive a letter of acceptance from the Admissions Office along with next steps for enrollment instructions.


I have already graduated from college; do you still need my high school transcript?

Yes. Proof of High School graduation is required.


Where do I find the paper admissions application?

You can find t under “New Students/Forms”

Admissions Application PDF