Scheduling a Virtual Appointment to Take the Accuplacer Placement Test
Step #1- Check for Waiver
Please refer Placement Test and Waiver page to see our waiver policy. You may not need to take the placement test at all. This does not refer to a fee waiver.
If you do submit a waiver request, please wait until you receive your results before proceeding to Step #2 and 3
Step #2- Check which test you need to take:
- A. Accuplacer ALP (ESL)
- Non-native speaker residents of the U.S. for fewer than 8 years and not a U.S. high school graduate
- Non-native speaker U.S. high school graduates with 1 or 2 years in a U.S. high school
- International students on F1 visas
- Non-native speakers who took the GED or HSE in a language other than English
- B. Accuplacer English Basic Skills:
- Non-native speaker residents of the U.S. for more than 8 years
- U.S. high school graduates with 3-4 years in a U.S. high school
- Non-native speakers who took the GED or HSE in English and passed
- Native speakers
- C. Challenge Tests
- Please check for eligibility at: https://bergen.edu/testing/challenge-tests/
Step #3 – Fill out Google Form to Request Testing Appointment
If you need take the placement test remotely because you do not qualify for any waivers or only a partial waiver please fill out the Accuplacer Voucher form:
Please allow up to 2-3 business days to process the request. Any incorrect or missing information on the form may delay processing time.
Step # 4- Receive Accuplacer Voucher Code
Once we verify your info, you will receive an email from Accuplacer with instructions on how to schedule your test with Examity.
Step # 5- Register with Examity
We will administer your Accuplacer test(s) using our remote proctoring service. To get started, go to https://prod.examity.com/accuplacer to register for an account
Step # 6- Log into Examity and schedule your exam using the voucher number provided
You may take your ACCUPLACER test at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You must book an appointment in advance.
Note: You must schedule and complete your placement test prior to the voucher expiration date
Step # 7- Make Payment
The cost of the remote placement test is $25.00 and will be paid once you schedule your appointment with Examity.
Step # 8 – Study and Prepare
Please refer to Accuplacer Study Guides for help.
The BCC Tutoring Center is offering a virtual study group for the math section of the Accuplacer exam.
Step # 9 – Examity Resources
The student guide to the Examity process is available at: https://examity.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/accuplacer_student_guide_fnl.pdf
If you are still experiencing issues scheduling your appointment through Examity, please contact them at Phone: 855-392-6489 or Email: email@example.com
- For refunds email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other helpful info can be found at:
- Examity Live Chat:
Step # 10 – Meet with an Academic Advisor
You will be able to work remotely with Academic Advising once placement testing has been satisfied. Request an appointment for help with selecting classes with the Advising Appointment Request Form.
Email email@example.com or call 201-612-5480 with general questions.
- For general questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send the request from your BCC student portal email account and include your BCC student ID number.
- Disability Services- Prior to taking any tests in Testing Services please contact the Office of Specialized Services at email@example.com regarding your IEP/504 documents or questions about testing accommodations. You may also visit their website for further information.
Disability Services (Office of Specialized Services)