Scheduling a Virtual Appointment to Take the Accuplacer Placement Test
Step #1- Check for Waiver
- Please refer Placement Test and Waiver page to see our waiver policy. You may not need to take the placement test at all. This does not refer to a fee waiver.
- If you do submit a waiver request, please wait until you receive your results before proceeding to Step #2 and 3.
Step #2- Check which test you need to take:
A. Accuplacer ALP (ESL)
- Non-native speaker residents of the U.S. for fewer than 8 years and not a U.S. high school graduate
- Non-native speaker U.S. high school graduates with 1 or 2 years in a U.S. high school
- International students on F1 visas
- Non-native speakers who took the GED or HSE in a language other than English
B. Accuplacer English Basic Skills:
- Non-native speaker residents of the U.S. for more than 8 years
- U.S. high school graduates with 3-4 years in a U.S. high school
- Non-native speakers who took the GED or HSE in English and passed
- Native speakers
C. Challenge Tests
- Please check for eligibility at: https://bergen.edu/testing/challenge-tests/
Step #3 – Fill out Google Form to Request Testing Appointment
- If you need take the placement test remotely because you do not qualify for any waivers or only a partial waiver please fill out the Accuplacer Voucher form:
- Please allow up to 2-3 business days to process the request. Any incorrect or missing information on the form may delay processing time.
Step # 4- Receive Accuplacer Voucher Code
- Once we verify your info, you will receive an email from Accuplacer (email@example.com) with instructions on how to schedule your test with Examity.
Step # 5- Register with Examity
- We will administer your Accuplacer test(s) using our remote proctoring service.
- To get started, go to https://prod.examity.com/accuplacer to register for an account.
Step # 6- Log into Examity and schedule your exam using the voucher number provided
- You may take your ACCUPLACER test at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You must book an appointment in advance.
Note: You must schedule and complete your placement test prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Students are not permitted to use a cellphone to take the placement test.
Step # 7- Make Payment
- The cost of the remote placement test is $25.00 and will be paid once you schedule your appointment with Examity.
Step # 8 – Study and Prepare
- Please refer to Accuplacer Study Guides for help.
- The BCC Tutoring Center is offering a virtual study group for the math section of the Accuplacer exam.
Step # 9 – Examity Resources
- The student guide to the Examity process is available at: https://examity.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/accuplacer_student_guide_fnl.pdf
- If you are still experiencing issues scheduling your appointment through Examity, please contact them at Phone: 855-392-6489 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For refunds email email@example.com
- Other helpful info can be found at: https://examity.com/accuplacer-students/
- Examity Live Chat: at https://accuplacer.examity.com/web/
Step # 10 – Meet with an Academic Advisor
- You will be able to work remotely with Academic Advising once placement testing has been satisfied.
- Visit the https://bergen.edu/admissions/new-student-advising/ to request an appointment for help with selecting classes.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-612-5480 with general questions.
- For general questions please email email@example.com . Please send the request from your BCC student portal email account and include your BCC student ID number.
- Disability Services- Prior to taking any tests in Testing Services please contact the Office of Specialized Services at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your IEP/504 documents or questions about testing accommodations. You may also visit their website for further information.
Disability Services (Office of Specialized Services).