Office Location: A-333D
Campus Extension: x3509
Email: [email protected]
Degrees: B.A., B.F.A., University of Michigan; M.A., Ed.M., Ed.D.,Columbia University Teachers College
Courses Taught: Developmental Skills I and II, English Skills, Composition I, Composition I Online, and Composition I Hybrid
Narrative inquiry in qualitative research, the politics of remediation, multiliteracies, teaching online, the uses of instructional technology in Basic Writing, faculty development.
- Membership Chair of TYCA-Northeast (Two Year College English Association)
- Steering Committee Member of the New Jersey Writing Alliance (NJWA)
Honors: Outstanding Service to Distance Learning at Bergen Community College, March 2003.
Year Started at Bergen: 2000
- “Troubling Discourse: Basic Writing and Computer-Mediated Technologies.” Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC), Atlanta, GA, April 2011.
- “A Panel on College Placement: Accuplacer and Beyond.” New Jersey Writing Alliance Conference (NJWA), Rutgers University, May 2010. Representative of Bergen Community College on a panel with representatives from Montclair State University, Rutgers University, Seton Hall University, Ramapo College, Middlesex County College and Brookdale Community College.
- “Confronting Iconic Discourse: Spaces for Renewal in a Basic Writing Program” with Kelly Keane. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC), Louisville, KY, March 2010.
- “Compromising Data: Representations of ‘Remedial’ Writers.” The International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry (ICQI), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, May 2009.
- “(Dis)located Narratives: Membranous Lines of Autobiographical Narrative and Transnational Inquiry.” American Educational Research Association (AERA), New York, NY, March 2008.
- “The Multimedia Research Paper.” Faculty of the Future Conference, Bucks County Community College, June 2007.
- “The Multimedia Research Paper” with Kelly Keane. New Jersey Writing Alliance (NJWA) Conference, Middlesex County College, May 2007.
- “(Im)Possibilities of Autobiographical and Narrative Curriculum Theorizing: Transnational Perspectives.” American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies (AAACS), University of Illinois-Chicago, April 2007.
- “The Research Paper Project” with Dorothy Altman and Kelly Keane. New Jersey Writing Alliance (NJWA) Conference, Monmouth University, May 2006.
- “The Generative Possibilities of Performative Exchange in Qualitative Research.” Ways of Knowing in Educational Research Conference, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, March 2006.
- “Researching Readiness for Composition: An Assessment Process” with Beth Snyder. New Jersey Writing Alliance (NJWA) Conference, Rutgers University, April 2005.
- “The Resource Envelope: Reinforce Outcomes by Sharing Materials with Adjuncts Electronically” with Bonnie MacDougall and William Jiang. League for Innovation in the Community College Conference on Information Technology, Tampa FL, November 2004.
- “When Clicks Meet Bricks: How Hybrid Courses Are Transforming the Classroom.” League for Innovation in the Community College Innovations Conference, San Francisco CA, March 2004.
- “TOPP (The Online Professor Program): Teaching and Learning are TOPP Priority” with Judith Rae Davis and Michael Redmond. League for Innovation in the Community College Conference on Information Technology, Long Beach CA, November 2002.
- “The Hybrid: Authority and Community in Developmental English” with Judith Rae Davis. League for Innovation in the Community College Confernece on Information Technology, Minneapolis MN, November 2001.
- “The Hybrid: Web-enhanced Courses for Developmental Learners” with Judith Rae Davis and Elizabeth Marsh. New York College Learning Skills Association, Saratoga Springs NY, March 2001.