Mission & Vision
The mission of the teacher education program at Bergen Community Collegeis to prepare candidates for a meaningful career in the field of education. To achieve this mission, we are committed to:
- Offering high quality student centred undergraduate programs in education that focus on current research and best practices;
- Providing learning experiences for students which demonstrate masterful teaching, creativity and nurturing, supportive environments conducive to the development of interdisciplinary knowledge and curriculum;
- Fostering partnerships in our local communities to help prepare teacher candidates and current practitioners to become informed, lifelong leaders;
- Supporting instructional and service programs that advocate for children and youth through an ethic of care and reflection.
- The Education Department welcomes students of diverse backgrounds to learn the current principles and practices of educational instruction in order to meet the needs of children.
- The department provides a variety of courses designed to stimulate the mind and provide hands-on experience to prepare individuals to foster the development of children using developmentally appropriate practices, educational technology, and current educational theories.