This program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair and maintain industrial machinery and equipment such as cranes, pumps, engines and motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machinery as a maintenance technician.
A desire to work with machinery and a mechanical aptitude is recommended.
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Apply industry-recognized best practices to everyday workplace situations.
- Understand how to maintain Hydraulic and Pneumatic system components and be able to take the appropriate steps to return a malfunctioning system to a functioning state.
- Identify a malfunctioning power transmission component and take the appropriate steps to return the machine to a functioning state.
- Understand electricity in all of its forms and how it is used to run motors and control systems of Mechatronic devices
- Choose and apply proper welding and cutting techniques to create and maintain industrial and commercial mechatronic equipment.
Job Outlook: CAD designers have an average earning potential for salary in the United States of $52,860 per year, depending on experience, certifications, and job performance.