The April 7 board of trustees meeting will take place via WebEx and telephone at 5 p.m. Click here for WebEx or call +1-415-655-0003 and use access code 470 464 248.
Department Chair: Professor Robert Highley
Department Secretary: Marie Notholt
Phone (201) 447-7140
- A.S. Degree Biology Option
- A.S. Degree Biotechnology Option
- Biotechnology Certificate of Achievement
The mission of the Biology Department at Bergen Community College is to establish a high quality biological science education for all of our students.
The department is committed to excellence in our teaching so that our students acquire:
- A fundamental knowledge of basic facts and theories in biology in order to pursue a career in science or allied health
- Essential scientific knowledge for non science majors such that these students will be able to understand scientific concepts in contemporary society
- An ability to critically analyze information using scientific reasoning
- Effective communication skills