Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
AMOUNT AWARDED TO STUDENTS: $12,867,012
In accordance with the requirements of the respective legislations for each of the federal and state grant awards listed below, Bergen Community College continues to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students to assist with financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Amount Awarded to Students
The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants awarded to students as of 9/30/2021 is $12,867,012.
Estimated Eligible Participants
The College estimates that a total of 26,532 students (duplicated) at the institution were eligible to request emergency aid, as per the respective program eligibility requirements.
Number of Awards
A total of 10,596 awards were made to students since the beginning of the pandemic.
Students eligible for awards based on the criteria outlined in the legislation guidelines for each respective grant were sent an email to their Bergen email account with notification of eligibility and application instructions. In order to receive funding, the student completed an online application to confirm eligibility and assess the individual student’s need.
|Federal and State Coronavirus Aid||# of Students Awarded
(# of Students Eligible)
(as of 9/30/21)
|Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (Federal)|
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Coronavirus Relief Fund II
Eligibility and Application
In order to receive consideration for funding, we recommend completing the FAFSA and filling out the appropriate application. Once approved, your funds will be disbursed to your account. If you have enrolled for electronic payments via direct deposit, the funds will be deposited in your account. If you are not currently enrolled for direct deposit, you should consider doing so now as this is the fastest and most efficient way to deliver these funds to you. Bergen is able to send these funds directly to your bank account through a fast and secure process. We encourage you to enroll in direct deposit by selecting and completing the “Bank Information” form in your Student Self Service (my.bergen.edu) account. Otherwise, a check will be mailed to you. Please check your Student Self Service account information to be sure your mailing address is correct.
The application period is now CLOSED. We will email you at your Bergen email address if/when additional funding becomes available.
- HEERF Report A1 Student Portion – 09-30-2021
- HEERF Report A1 Institutional Portion – 09-30-2021
- CRRSSA Report A1 Institutional Portion – 06-30-2021 (Updated 8-18-2021)
- CRRSSA Report A1 Student Portion – 06-30-2021
- CRRSSA Report A1 Student Portion – 03-31-2021
- CARES Act Report A1 Institutional Portion – 03-31-2021
- CARES Act Report A1 Institutional Portion – 12-31-2020
- CARES Act Report A1 Student Portion – 12-31-2020
- CARES Act Report A1 Institutional Portion – 10-30-2020
- CARES Act Report A1 Student Portion – 09-30-2020
- CARES Act Report A1 Student Portion – 07-14-2020
- CARES Act Report A1 Student Portion – 05-28-2020