All returning Deaf Services students are required to sign the electronic student agreement form (also know as “Returning Student Agreement”) before the first day of classes.
Deaf Services will ONLY contact students at their BCC student email address. Please check it regularly.
For technical assistance or help with your BCC email, please refer to resources accessible at https://bergen.edu/portalhelp/
- Students must request interpreting services in advance.
- If you are planning to be absent, please contact Deaf Services immediately.
- Students that do not attend class and do not notify Deaf Services will be documented as a “no-show”.
- If a student is a “no show” for TWO (2) class meetings without communicating or notifying the department, Deaf Services reserves the right to suspend interpreting services. Services may be resumed after an appointment with Deaf Services staff.
- If you are going to be late, notify Deaf services immediately AND the Interpreter via text message or email if at all possible.
- If the interpreter is late, the student should wait 5 minutes, then contact Deaf Services OR go to Deaf Services to report it and request another interpreter.
Students are responsible to complete the following:
- Request or cancel interpreters
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any change in your schedule
- See Academic Counselor
- Make sure you have Accommodation Forms
- Request Note takers
- Apply for Financial Aid if necessary. Detailed information about the financial application process is accessible under www.bergen.edu/fa
- Give professors accommodation forms
- Make appointments for tutors with the Tutoring Center