To request services, you need to provide – via email to DeafServices@bergen.edu – the information below:
- Name of the event(Examples: Tutoring session, Counselor meeting, Professor/Instructor meeting, Commencement ceremony, Class meeting…).
- Day of Week and Dateof when Interpreter is needed
- Timeof the event (Start time and End Time)
- Location/Building:Include the name of the Building and Room Number.
**IF Remote/online please provide the LINK
- Name: Any participants leading the event (Examples: Host, Presenter, Counselor, Tutor, Professor/Instructor)
- If a Recurring Event, you need an Interpreter throughout the semester; please provide the semester information.
- It is the student’s responsibility to send a separate email to request an interpreter once the day, date, and time is confirmed.
- *Requests must be minimum two (2) business days BEFORE services are needed. Requests received under two (2) days are NOT guaranteed interpreting coverage.
- A screenshot is accepted for class schedules!
- Asynchronous classes interpreting requests can occur from 8am-10:30pm.
Example of Interpreting Services Request
|Example of what your Interpreter Request Email should look like:
Hello Deaf Services.
I am emailing to request Interpreting services for:
Tuesday June 14th starting at 9:30am ending at 11:00am for an in-person appointment in room L-115 with an Accommodation Specialist – Molly McIntosh.