Effective Teaching Practice Course
ACUE Course in Effective Teaching Practice
Great Teaching is at the Heart of Student Success
The Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning is pleased to announce a new professional development opportunity to support faculty learn and apply proven teaching techniques. The first cohort of interested faculty will start a 25 module online ACUE course on Effective Teaching Practice (ETP) on January 7, 2019. The ACUE program is an innovative course focusing on providing faculty with evidence-based teaching techniques and strategies to improve student learning. Faculty will learn essentials of Designing an effective course and class, Establishing a productive learning environment, Using active learning techniques, Promoting higher order thinking, and Assessing to inform instruction and promote learning. We are recruiting faculty to participate in the ACUE course and hope that several faculty will take advantage of this opportunity.
- Complete 25 modules over the course of training program
- Attend three-hour course launch in-person session
- Attend 3 in-person meetings
Note: Each module takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Faculty work together as they complete the course. This is NOT a self-paced course.
Who should apply?
- Faculty who love teaching and want to enhance their work
- Faculty who struggle with teaching
- Faculty who are new to teaching
- Faculty who want to renew their teaching
- Mid-career faculty who are looking to perfect their teaching
- Faculty who want to see their students succeed
- Faculty who teach large challenging introductory courses
How to apply?
- To enroll in the Effective Teaching Practice Course submit online application by December 1, 2018.
Benefits to Faculty
- Learn from leading subject matter experts
- Analyze classroom demonstrations of evidence-based techniques
- Collaborate with Bergen Community College colleagues
- Receive expert feedback from a coach
- Put new techniques into practice
- Earn a nationally recognized credential endorsed by America Council on Education(ACE)
- Adjuncts awarded $500 AFDP compensation
Benefit to Department Chairs and Deans
- Improve instructional quality in your area and enhance student success
- Promote your upcoming teaching stars
- Offer support to faculty members who may need to build their teaching skills
- Use participation in ACUE as evidence of alignment with college’s strategic plan
- Use participation in ACUE for evidence in reaccreditation processes.
- Spring 2018
- Application Due Date – December 1, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance – December 10, 2018
- ACE Course Launch (in-person) – January 7, 2019
- Course Ends – December 9, 2019
- Fall 2019
- Application Due Date – June 13, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance – June 27, 2019
- ACE Course Launch (in-person) – August 28, 2019
- Course Ends – May 10, 2019
This program has been provided through funding from Grant # P031S160134 from the U.S. Department.