The Center for Health, Wellness and Personal Counseling offers Bergen Community College students on line mental health information and surveys.
To find out about the services of Personal Counseling or to make an appointment, please call 201-447-9257. Our Personal Counselors are licensed professionals who provide short term counseling to current Bergen Community College students seeking assistance with person concerns and a wide range of mental health issues.
The personal counseling e-mail and website are not monitored 24 hours a day. In the event of any life threatening situation, such as suicidal thoughts/attempts t harm oneself, alcohol or drug overdose, or serious mental health crisis, call 911 (police) or go to your local emergency room immediately.
Here are some mental health resources:
- On Line Mental Health Screenings ( http://screening.mentalhealthscreening.org/bergen )
- Additional Mental Health Resources:
- ULifeline – On Line Resource for College Mental Health (http://www.ulifeline.org/bergen/stay_well )
- Depression and College Students (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression-and-college-students/index.shtml )
- Eating Disorders: About More Than Food (https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/eating-disorders-new-trifold/index.shtml )
- General Anxiety Disorder: When Worry Gets Out of Control (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/generalized-anxiety-disorder-gad/index.shtml )
- Social Phobia ( http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/social-phobia-social-anxiety-disorder/index.shtml )
- Suicide Prevention ( http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/suicide-prevention/index.shtml )
- Alcohol and Drug use/ Rethinking Drinking ( http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/ )
- Drugs and Alcohol information (http://www.ulifeline.org/bergen/topics/134-alcohol-drugs )