Many of BCC’s online professors give tests. There are timed online exams and proctored exams.Please check with your professor for specific guidelines.
- timed online exams. Your instructor will send you information about how to access these tests, when to take them, and rules for taking them
- proctored exams.Students are required to take the tests at Bergen Community College’s Testing Center. If you live far from Bergen you can go to a college testing center closer to your home or work. We have attempted to note in WebAdvisorwhich courses have proctored exams, but this information does change; therefore you need to read your online course materials to determine the policy of your instructor. Please read the following information for BergenCommunity College,and other students:
1. BergenCommunity College Students – Local Students.If your course has proctored exams, your instructor will explain when the exams must be taken and any other relevant information. You will probably take your exams in the Bergen Community College Office of TestingServices (Room S-127). Call the Center at 201-447-7203 to verify their hours of operation. Bring two forms of identification, including a picture ID, the name of your course and your instructor, and know which exam you will be taking.
2. Non-LocalStudents: If you are taking a course from BergenCommunity College, and you are not a local resident (i.e., you do not live in Bergen County or one of the immediate surrounding counties),you will need to do the following:
- Your exams must be proctored by a community college, 4 year college, or an accredited testing facility.
- Please email the following information to Amarjit Kaur at the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning:
- Your full name, the professor, course number, title and section number
- The name of the college and address where you would like to take your tests.
- Testing Center contact person’s name and title, telephone number and email address.
- Once this information is received and verified, an email confirmation will be sent to the student.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is the student’s responsibility to find an appropriate testing facility to proctor exams. Sometimes a Testing Center will charge a fee for test taking, which is the student’s expense.