The Career and Workforce Development Center strives to prepare students to meet their professional goals. Comprehensive services such as: career advisement, academic guidance, professional development, experiential learning and employment networks provide Bergen students/alumni with the tools necessary to achieve their goals.
Location: Pitkin Education Building, Student Center, SC111
- Career Planning Resources
- Resume trends 2021/2022 – 10 résumé trends that you NEED to know.
- Novoresume.com’s career blog provides students and job seekers with beneficial career tips that will help you land your dream job.
- Bergen’s Sidney Silverman Library Career Resources
- To research where your transfer credits will be accepted in-state, visit njtransfer.org
- Visit What Can I Do With A Major in…? to find out more about your program and the types of careers it may lead to!
- Visit O*Net OnLine for additional career resources
- Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center Take a free career assessment
Work Study and On-Campus Employment
The HACU National Internship Program
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities offers paid internships in federal agencies to students from all majors and backgrounds.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Internship
Bergen Students are invited to apply for the 2023 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Internship for the Clinical Oncology Open Learning Scholars Program . The 2023 MSK COOL application is open. All applications will be collected through the Embark portal. Details below.
Clinical Oncology Open Learning (COOL) Scholars 2023 Student Application Info: Due 01/09/23 @5pm!
- Description: COOL is a 6-week summer program led by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to encourage undergraduates from a variety of backgrounds to consider careers in oncology. Successful candidates will be assigned to one of MSKs regional network NJ sites. Students engage in oncology observation and learning: conferences, educational seminars, and 1-on-1 teaching.
- Eligibility: The program undergraduates at participating programs who will still be enrolled in college at least through December 2023. All MSK employees, including students, must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. All candidates who meet the above criteria may apply. MSK encourages applications from groups underrepresented in oncology research, including students who are women, Native American, Black, Latinx, Veteran and students with disabilities.
- Application Deadline for All Materials: Monday, January 09, 2023 at 5:00 pm (EST)
- Program Dates: Mon, 06/12/23 – Fri, 07/21/23 (6 weeks full time)
- Mentors: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Regional Network Faculty
- Payment: All COOL participants will be paid a stipend for the 6-week program.
- APPLICATION THROUGH EMBARK; ALL MATERIALS DUE MON 01/09/23 AT 5 PM!
Materials include: (1) Embark application with questions, an essay, and places to upload your unofficial transcript (including fall 2022 grades) and to upload your CV; and (2) 2 letters of recommendation from people who know you professionally (through school and/or work).
- Register for a free account on the Embark portal
- Select “COOL RCN” application
- Complete all required fields, including uploading essay, CV, and unofficial transcript
- Enter email addresses for 2 letters of recommendation writers. Embark will email them instructions on how to upload their letter
If you have questions about the application, please ask the COOL contact:
Dr. Dianna O’Connor, email@example.com
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get up to date information on internships and local job postings
Each Spring and Fall semester, over 30 companies come on campus to take part in the Career and Workforce Development Center’s Job Fair.
Save the Date:
Our Spring 2023 Job Fair takes place on Thursday, April 27th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. inside the Student Center of the Pitkin Education Building at the College’s main campus in Paramus. Students/jobseekers need not register and are invited to stay for as long as they would like.