The Career Center strives to prepare students to meet their professional goals. Comprehensive services such as: career advisement, academic guidance, professional development, experiential learning and employment networks provide Bergen students/alumni with the tools necessary to achieve their goals.
Location: Pitkin Education Building, One Stop in the Student Center, OS-102
- Handshake – Job/Internship postings, hiring events, career resources, and more!
- BCC Career Guide – Resume/Cover Letter Writing, Interview Tips and Tricks, and more!
- Resume trends 2022/2023 – 10 résumé trends that you should be thinking about.
- Bergen’s Sidney Silverman Library Career Resources
- Visit njtransfer.org to research where your transfer credits will be accepted in-state!
- Visit What Can I Do With A Major in…? to find out more about your program and the types of careers it may lead to!
- Visit O*Net OnLine for additional career resources like My Next Move, Career Clusters, and My Next Move for Spanish Speakers!
- NJ.GOV Labor Market Information – Information for NJ Jobs and Career Planning
- Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center Take a free career assessment
Visit our Web Resources page to gather additional information on interviewing, resume assistance, social media tips, and the entire career planning process!
Work Study and On-Campus Employment
- Gives students the opportunity to meet with local employers at our Paramus campus
- Most Wednesdays throughout the semester, usually between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. in the Student Center of the Pitkin Education Building
|Uncommon Schools||September 6th|
|Mad Science NJ||September 13th|
|Englewood Police Department||September 20th|
|AMS Aquisitions||September 27th|
|Madewell health||October 11th|
|Go Foundation||October 25th|
|U.S. Navy||November 1st|
|Sunrise Senior Living||November 15th|
Each Spring and Fall semester, over 40 companies come on campus to take part in the Career Center’s Job Fair
Our Fall 2023 Career Fair took place on Wednesday, November 8th inside the Student Center of the Pitkin Education Building at the College’s main campus in Paramus. Over 45 employers and 150 students participated in this semester’s event! The next Career Fair will be taking place in April 2024. More information will be provided in the coming months.
The HACU National Internship Program
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities offers paid internships in federal agencies to students from all majors and backgrounds.
- APPLY HERE
Clinical Oncology Open Learning (COOL) Scholars Program
- COOL 2024 will be a program of clinical observation and clinical learning at one of our MSK regional network sites in New Jersey, Long Island, or Westchester for 6 weeks, from Monday, June 17, 2024 to Friday, July 26, 2024. Applications open on 11/13/23, with a 1/12/24 deadline. The flyer below includes a description of the program, with links to the application.
- COOL Flyer 2024
Congressional Internship Program – Spring 2024
The Office of Congressman Bill Pascrell, Jr. is seeking highly motivated, professional individuals to serve as an interns at the District Office in Paterson, New Jersey for the Spring Semester. Responsibilities include general reception duties and assisting staff on projects. Candidates should be personable, have strong written and communication skills, and possess a strong attention to detail. Congressional Interns are asked to assist staff with events and community outreach. Internship hours are flexible, but candidates should expect to be present for at least two full workdays (16hrs).
GPA Requirement: 3.0
To apply, applicants should please contact our internship coordinator Axel Esquivel at Axel.Esquivel@mail.house.gov or call 973-523-5152.
NJ Career Accelerator Internship Grant Program
- There are over 125 employers seeking over 500 interns across the state. New opportunities are being added regularly and are being posted on Handshake!
- Find internships and employment opportunities in the largest internship marketplace. Search paid internships and part-time jobs to help start your career!
Bergen Volunteers – https://www.
Volunteer Match – https://www.
- Bergen Resource Net – https://www.bergenresourcenet.org/
Dr. Dianna O’Connor – Director of the Center for Student Success (email@example.com)
Professor Gene Calderon – Senior Career Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)